The Juice Moose Arcade
How To Play:
The object of the game is to move "A.J." the Juice Moose back and forth to catch the falling apples and deliver them one at a time to the barrel to score points.
- To move, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- You catch an apple by having the dropping apple hit anywhere on A.J.’s nose.
- The more apples you catch, the faster they will fall.
- If you miss catching an apple, it will cost you one life.
- Once you catch an apple (you will see it in A.J.’s basket), you must deliver it to the barrel on the left side to score points.
- You are only allowed to have one apple in A.J.’s basket at a time.
- You will receive 5 points for each apple that is delivered to the barrel.
- When you reach 25 points, you get a "free apple coupon." The free apple coupon allows you to eat one apple, by using the up arrow key. If you eat an apple without the coupon, you will lose points (but you save one of your lives!).
- The game ends when you run out of lives (shown in the upper right corner of the screen).
- You can start the game over by pressing the "New Game" button located on the top of the screen.
- To make your Juice Moose Game screen larger, hide your toolbars. If you’re using Netscape, go to the Options menu and uncheck Show Toolbar; also uncheck Show Location, Show Directory Buttons and Show Java Console. If you’re using Internet Explorer, go to the View menu and uncheck Toolbar and Status Bar.
- If you want to adjust the sound, there’s a control box below the game.
- If you can’t get A.J. to move when you first begin, click inside the orchard to "get focus" and this always works.
- Don’t forget to eat an apple if you have to, rather than lose a life.
- One 8-year-old who tested the game played for 2 hours and his best score was 75 points.
- Sit back, drink a glass of refreshing, cold apple juice, and HAVE FUN....This is not the Olympics!